Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Old Dinghy Dies

Two days too soon! The seam gave out today. When I came back from school today the motor was almost in the water! The replacement is supposed to be here day after tomorrow about noon.

The neighbors on Hawkeye said they'd give us rides to and from shore till it gets here.

I went to customs today to get the new one cleared in, but the master paper work for the ship isn't done yet. They did decide that I do not have to pay import duty on the new one though. Maybe tomorrow I can get the final clearance so that I can actually gt it delivered on Good Friday.

We still want to leave Friday night to go up to Aur. It is about 80 miles from the anchorage, so if we leave in the evening, we should arrive in the next morning.

1 comment:

  1. well at least it didnt sink while you were in it or off shore. glad to hear that your teaching. and it sounds like the students are there too learn (thats always a plus) hope your enjoying it.
    congrats on the race.
    love ya
    miss ya