Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Masts Back Up Trinda Back

Today we put the masts back on the boat! Finally! I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever get them back.
Of course I forgot to take the camera out of my pocket even though I recharged the battery last night. Maybe one blurry picture.

Laast week Trinda and a couple local girls from the marina went to a vacation resort, Santa Fe, a bus and ferry rida away, an hour each. they had a good time for 3 days.

Yesterday was the local fiesta day for the neighborhood close to the drydock. Jimmy and Charito invited us to their place for roasted pig (whole pig on a stick). Great food, beer and Trinda has discovered Tandauy Ice, a rum and citrus bottled drink. A great time was had by all.

Last week I told the gus working on the boat" If you get finished by Sept 1, I take you all to the Camotoes Islands for the night." They are 15 miles away, but no one on the crew has ever been there. They have been working extra hard and even asked if I'd let them work Sundays (for pay though). I'll probably take them anyway. They are mostly good kids (one is 50, 2 32, the rest 20 to 23).

The walls and ceiling are finished except for touch-up. Nothing is re-installed, no lights, doors, hooks or fittings of any kind.That will be a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment