We have had 2 days of almost no wind. We made less than 50 miles each day. Today we made 50 miles from 7AN to 3PM so it looks a little better. It still says 2 1/2 days to Nikanau. We still did not get a reply to our request for permission to stop there, so we'll see how it goes. It is not much out of the way, so if they don't let us stop it will be about 2 1/2 days on to Tarowa.
The boat is fine, nothing has broken so far and the sail repairs are holding up nicely. I have read 2 books so far and starting a third! Trinda is making a cibuta (Kiribati style blouse) It is too big, so she is taking out the sleves again to make it smaller one more time!
The enter key on the computer is still not working, so this is a pain! We did have a good time in Funafuti. Rubis' cousins turned out to be very nice people. We enjoyed getting acquainted. We also met another couple that was nice too.
We are keeping a radio schedule with another boat, Iornie, Steve and May. They are about 60 miles SW of us and getting the same lack of wind. We are hoping for a little more the next couple of days. We talk at 7:30AM and 5PM.
Trinda cooked up some food for the trip so we wouldn't have to cook underway. We have eaten nearly all of it. A bowl of pasta salad, a baked chicken and a pot of beans, brownies and co-chip cookies. I am baking another chicken now.